The candidacy process for the PA Beta chapter of Tau Beta pi seeks to build and show character for candidates while being a distinguished scholar. Through the chapter candidacy process, the ideals of community service, professional development, and social interaction between candidates are demonstrated. Membership in Tau Beta Pi is more than just an achievement; it's a testament to every member's character and work ethic.
Throughout the semester, candidates have to complete the following process
- Receive the notification of eligibility.
Are you eligible but did not receive a letter? Check to make sure Penn State has your address recorded correctly through eLion.
- Attend an information session.
Dates: September 21 & 22
- Attend the candidate interview.
Please bring two copies of your resume.
Dates: September 23, 24, & 25
- Attend the candidate social.
Date: September 28
- Participate in at least 12 hours of chapter activities.
At least eight hours must be completed with Tau Beta Pi.
You can check on your completed hours by clicking HERE!
- Polish your bent.
To be picked up at the Bent Polishing Events
- Pay lifetime dues of $95.
Due by TBD
- Attend the initiaion ceremony.
If you cannot attend, please contact us!
Date: December 7, 2014 at TBD