"We believe that by taking part in these services as Penn
State students we can help better the environment by providing
opportunities to students as well as community members."
- Penn State Rotaract Club Mission Statement
- The Penn State Dance Marathon (THON) is the world's largest student run philanthropy. THON is run entirely by Penn State students, and donates all proceeds to the Four Diamonds Fund the the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. This fund helps supports the fight against pediatric cancer but covering all medical costs and providing emotional support for the families of children afflicted with this disease, as well as providing millions to cancer research. Started in 1977, THON has raised over $101 million benefitting more than 2,000 families directly, and countless families elsewhere through research.
Click here to go to Rotaract's page on THON.org, and to donate to THON on Rotaract's behalf.
- This year the Penn State IFC/Panhellenic Dance Marathon raised $12.37 million!
- We currently don't have a THON kid, but we are working on it! Hope we can pair with a family soon!!
Rotaract in THON
- This year's Fundraising Total: $12.37 million
- First Canning Weekend
When: September 27th-29th
Where: Hanover, PA
Lots of thanks to Kelsey's family for hosting!
- Second Canning Weekend
When: October 18th-20th
Where: Gettysburg, PA
We raised over $1000!! Thanks to Cameron's family for hosting!
- Third Canning Weekend
When: November 8th-10th
Where: Ellicott City, MD
We raised about $970!!!! Thanks to all the canners!! Last thanks for Kimmie's family for hosting!
- THON Weekend
When: February 21th-23th
Where: BJC center
Don't forget to come to support our two dancers!!!
For more information, come to our following meetings!!!!
- THONvelope Letter
This is the letter to be sent to friends and family members when requesting donations for THON. Feel free to personalize the letter to your liking. Personalization and decoration of the envelope is strongly encouraged. Please email us if you wish to send a letter to a business or corporation as THON requests different information to be sent to these individuals.