Too lazy to come and vote in the most important election of our time? Here's what you missed!
Congrats to your 2011-2012 Officers!!
President - Niko Kovacevic
Vice President - Rachel Hoh
Treasurer - Darcy McKinley Lester
Secretary - John Groh
PSOC Wizard - Dan Trew
New Member? Go HERE!!
- WILD was... theatrical.
- The official PSOC cookbooks have arrived! They are jam packed with delectable recipes for on and of the trail. The cost is $5 per book, BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! For an additional $2.50 per book, Dan T will customize your copy in any way, shape, or form. ALSO, Dan is signing out his cookbook to creatively-inclined members. If you'd like to buy a book or decorate Dan's, contact him at DanTrew@psu.edu for more info.
- Jason was kind enough to donate a bunch of stickers. Find Dan Trew at the next meeting if you'd like some free swag (and thank Jason!!).
- Performance Tees -- They're finally here!!! Performance Tee's will be available for $25 at the March 15th meeting. They're men's and women's specific, and fit like Under Armour or Nike Dri-Fit (read very tightly).
- Black Forest Trail -- April 8-10. FULL. If you missed the meeting Tuesday, contact FUTURE SECRETARY John Groh at email@example.com
- Beginner Backpacking Trip -- April 1-2. FULL. If you were AWOL on Tuesday, email FUTURE TREASURER Darcy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milton Climbing Gym -- Alie will be leading another trip within the next 2 weeks.
- Governor Stable -- April 9. Difficult climbing, not for beginners. Email Alie email@example.com for details.
- We have been ok'd for OUTDOOR ROCK CLIMBING! Come April 16 or 17, there will be a trial trip to Chickies or Mocanaqua. The cost will be $15, and all gear is included (cannot bring your own, except for shoes), must be a dues-paying member... it would also help if some courageous members applied to become trip leader through Adventure Recreation (http://www.athletics.psu.edu/advrec/resources.html). Ryan Mullins will keep y'all in the loop.
- Starting mid-April and through out the summer, PSOC will be hosting Spring Creek kayaking and canoeing trips. The cost is $5. More info to come!
- LADIES - you are interested in leading ORION, applications are still available.
- Banff Mountain Film Festival -- April 12-13 @ the State Theater, 7:00pm. Cost: In Advance: 2-day Ticket $24, 1-day Ticket $14
Day of Show: $16, $12 Students (per day). Check out the trailers here!
- Reel Paddling Film Tour -- April 8, part of the Appalachian Outdoors Spring Outdoor Expo. Venue TBD.
- Arboretum Volunteering -- Every Saturday, 9-12pm. It's not easy being green... especially at the Arboretum. Email Ryan Mullins firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in volunteering. Free food, maybe.
- Wilderness First Aid Certification -- @ Georgetown University. Email Ryan Mullins email@example.com if interested.
- Looking for a summer job as a camp counselor? Email Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org!
- First Aid/ CPR/ AED Certification -- April 23 @ Ryan's house. $22/ person. Email Ryan email@example.com to sign up.
Peace, love, & PSOC.