Too busy mourning Grammy Night upsets to leave your room (Bieber was ROBBED!)? Here's what you missed!
New Member? Go HERE!!
- The official PSOC cookbooks have arrived! They are jam packed with delectable recipes for on and of the trail. The cost is $5 per book, BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! For an additional $2.50 per book, yours Dan T will customize your copy in any way, shape, or form. Contact Dan Trew at DanTrew@psu.edu for more info. You should totally buy one.
- Jason was kind enough to donate a "cluster Friday" of stickers. Find Dan Trew at the next meeting if you'd like some free swag (and thank Jason!!).
- Milton Rock Climbing Competition – If you are participating, Ryan should have already emailed you. Send questions to Ryan at email@example.com. If you need a lift, Alie Treciak firstname.lastname@example.org has room. CLIMB ON.
- Black Forest Trail -- April 8-10. CLOSED. Contact John Groh at email@example.com if you've signed up.
- Yough Xtreme Adventure Race -- @ Ohiopyle State Park, April 30. This race will feature 25+ miles of mountain biking, 20 miles of treking/orienteering, and 9 mile kayak on the Middle Yough river. Yehaww! Jason Contino is looking to put together a team. Contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're ready to GET XTREME. PSOC will cover half of the registration fee and all of the food.
- Superstitious National Wilderness -- Feel like spend spring break in Arizona? A trip of 8 people will be heading to this hot, dry, NOT ICY area for a 3-4 day excursion. Participants will fly out of Philly, rent a car, and drive to the trail. Contact Tom ASAP at email@example.com for more details on this midwestern adventure (they're buying flight tickets soon).
- Pool Sessions -- Monday Feb 21st, and Thursday Mar. 3rd @ the Natatorium. Free to all members. Come out and splash around in the pool on kayaks (if you behave, canoes). Kurt firstname.lastname@example.org will be sending out more info regarding the event soon.
- Beginner Backpacking Trip -- Interested in learning how to backpack but too intimidated by Old Man Dan Trew's Coon Cap to go out on a weekend trip with him? Darcy is putting together a beginner's backpacking trip. Basic backpacking skills will be taught. Veteran or n00b, email Darcy at email@example.com if interested.
- Red Moshannon Downriver Race -- 3/26 @ Moshannon Creek in Grassflat, PA. Feelin' some competitive kayaking and canoeing? Find out more about this race here. The water is usually cold, but the delectable spaghetti dinner after wards certainly is not! PSOC typically covers the cost of dinner and some of the registration.
- We have been ok'd for OUTDOOR ROCK CLIMBING! Come April, there will be a series of trial trips. The cost will be about $15... it would also help if some courageous members applied to become trip leader through Adventure Recreation (http://www.athletics.psu.edu/advrec/resources.html). Ryan Mullins will keep y'all in the loop.
- ORION 2011 LEADER APPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE @ http://www.outreach.psu.edu/shaverscreek/files/index-orion-employment.asp. Apps due March 15 at 1pm.
Don't forget! The Penn State Outing Club meets Tuesdays in 323 HHD East @ 7 PM!