For those of you intelligent enough to stay inside tonight, here's what you missed
New Member? Go HERE!!
- The official PSOC cookbooks have arrived! They are jam packed with delectable recipes for on and of the trail. The cost is $5 per book, BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! For an additional $2.50 per book, yours Dan T will customize your copy in any way, shape, or form (Ohhh yeahhh). Contact Dan Trew at DanTrew@psu.edu for more info.
- Reading Rocks – Saturday, 2/5 (the day before the Superbowl), Prez Ryan Mullins will be leading a trip to Reading Rocks indoor climbing gym. THIS IS WEATHER DEPENDENT. Contact Ryan at email@example.com.
- Loyalsock Trail – Full! Contact Nate Stevens at Nts5045@psu.edu for more details on this upcoming backpacking trip, WHICH MAY BE CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER.
- Milton Rock Climbing Competition – Getcho' practice on, because PSOC is sending a team to Milton Rock Gym on Saturday, February 19. Registration begins at 11, climbing begins at 12, and the event wraps up at 5. Half of the costs of the 12-person team will be covered by the club. THERE ARE STILL 6 SPACES OPEN! Contact Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org for the 411.
- (UPDATE) Milton Rock Climbing Gym -- Alie Treciak will be leading Sunday trips to Milton. THE 2/13 TRIP HAS BEN CANCELED. Contact her at email@example.com for dates, etc. A trip will likely go out on 2/27.
- FIRE, GOOD! It'll be cold. There'll be fun. One night only on the AFT. Email Dan at DanTrew@psu.edu for survival techniques and more info... before all of the snow melts.
- (NEW) Black Forest Trail -- April 8-10. This difficult, 42-mile loop is not for the weak at heart. Contact John "Grizzly Bear" Groh at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- (NEW) Yough Xtreme Adventure Race -- @ Ohiopyle State Park, April 30. This race will feature 25+ miles of mountain biking, 20 miles of treking/orienteering, and 9 mile kayak on the Middle Yough river. Yehaww! Jason Contino is looking to put together a team. Contact Jason at email@example.com if you're ready to GET XTREME. PSOC will cover half of the registration fee and all of the food.
- (NEW) Superstitious National Wilderness -- Feel like spend spring break in Arizona? A trip of 8 people will be heading to this hot, dry, NOT ICY area for a 3-4 day excursion. Participants will fly out of Philly, rent a car, and drive to the trail. Contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on this midwestern adventure.
- (NEW) Frostbite Comp -- @ Climbnasium, 2/5. Climbing and buff dudes to boot. Just show up and climb. Check out the site for more details (http://www.climbnasium.net/Events.html).
- We have been ok'd for OUTDOOR ROCK CLIMBING! Come April, there will be a series of trial trips. The cost will be about $15... it would also help if some courageous members applied to become trip leader through Adventure Recreation (http://www.athletics.psu.edu/advrec/resources.html). Ryan Mullins will keep y'all in the loop.
- (NEW) ORION 2011 LEADER APPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE @ http://www.outreach.psu.edu/shaverscreek/files/index-orion-employment.asp. Apps due March 15 at 1pm.
Don't forget! The Penn State Outing Club meets Tuesdays in 323 HHD East @ 7 PM!