Couldn't brave the cold and/ or hop the fence to HHD East? Here's what you missed tonight...
New Member? Go HERE!!
Sweet Trips Over Break:
- Climbing in Alabama, Georgia, the South -- Walmart trips and movie theater tailgates a’plenty
- Wilderness First Responder Certification (RPTM 498B, 3 Credits) – Took place December 28, 2010 thru January 10, 2011 at Shaver’s Creek! Zesty times had by all through wilderness medical training!
- The official PSOC cookbooks have arrived! They are jam packed with delectable recipes for on and of the trail. The cost is $5 per book, BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! For an additional $2.50 per book, yours Trew-ly Dan T will customize your copy in any way, shape, or form. Contact Dan Trew at DanTrew@psu.edu for more info.
- Reading Rocks – Saturday, 2/5 (the day before the Superbowl), Prez Ryan Mullins will be leading a trip to Reading Rocks indoor climbing gym. Contact Ryan at email@example.com.
- Loyalsock Trail – Contact Nate Stevens at Nts5045@psu.edu for more details on this upcoming backpacking trip. 10 person limit!
- Milton Rock Climbing Competition – Getcho' practice on, because PSOC is sending a team to Milton Rock Gym on Saturday, February 19. Registration begins at 11, climbing begins at 12, and the event wraps up at 5. Half of the costs of the 12-person team will be covered by the club. Ryan Mullins will send out more information soon, but for now, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milton Rock Climbing Gym -- Alie Treciak will be leading Sunday trips to Milton. Contact her at email@example.com for dates, etc.
- FIRE, GOOD! It'll be cold. There'll be fun. One night only on the AFT. Email Dan at DanTrew@psu.edu for survival techniques and more info... before all of the snow melts.
We have been ok'd for OUTDOOR ROCK CLIMBING! Come April, there will be a series of trial trips. The cost will be about $15... it would also help if some courageous members applied to become trip leader through Adventure Recreation (http://www.athletics.psu.edu/advrec/resources.html). Ryan Mullins will keep y'all in the loop.
Don't forget! The Penn State Outing Club meets Tuesdays in 323 HHD East @ 7 PM!