Jazz Club Activities
The Jazz Club undertakes a variety of activities, guided by the will of the members. A few examples:
- Meetings are held weekly, except for occasional disruptions due to scheduling challenges. See meeting schedule for the current time and place.
- Producing concerts a few times each year has been the one constant over our 50+ years in existence as a Penn State club
- Check out the club’s History page under development
- Organizing jam sessions and social events
- Showing films related to Jazz
- Documentaries, like “Triumph of the Underdog” and "Straight No Chaser”
- Historical fiction, like “Bird”
- Fictional dramas, like "Round Midnight" and "Mo Betta Blues"
- Films with soundtracks by Jazz musicians all the way back to Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong
- Listening – we have an LP and CD library with over 700 titles
- Reading and discussion – we subscribe to Jazz Times, Jazziz, Downbeat, Rolling Stone
- Road trips – to see performances in Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York City