Site Map |
DFS info |
CAC host info
This page is out of date
The Student Activity Server has been renamed to the Penn State Student
Organizations Web Service and is under new management. These Web pages
are out of date and will be removed in the near future. Please read http://www.clubs.psu.edu/info/
for information about the new service.
Information on the move to the CAC virtual web server
This page is going to be updated as we test the new server configuration.
www.clubs.psu.edu is now pointing to clubs.cac.psu.edu (the new server).
clubs.sa.psu.edu (the old server) is still running and serving all
asp pages and CGI requests. Both servers have not had any major problems
or downtime since the move.
clubs.cac.psu.edu is running with the following enabled:
- mod_speling - provides case insensitivity and helps correct typos in URLs
- .htaccess file control on specific directory's features such as:
(documentation on .htaccess to follow...)
- Password protection
- Custom error pages, such as 404 File Not Found
- Optional directory indexing, and directory default page name configuration
- Automatic referral of ASP page requests to clubs.sa.psu.edu for handling
- Automatic referral of CGI requests to clubs.sa.psu.edu for handling
- All CGI forms that use the POST method must send to
explicitly. This includes the email form.
Proposed feature list
Features we need to implement:
- CGI handling by the virtual server without redirection
- Access to Perl CGI scripts, and mod_perl, which increases speed
- PHP, a server-side, cross-platform, HTML embedded scripting language (mod_php)
- Access to a DB2 (SQL) database instance
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption
- mod_auth_dce which provides Access Account authentication over the web and leads to fully automated account change forms
Features we are experimenting with, but give no guarantee at all if we will
- ASP pages handled by Apache using mod_asp
Last modified Thursday, 27-Mar-2003 12:47:48 EST.
Student Activity Server Committee