History of Delta Sigma Pi
Plans were made by five men in the Spring and Summer of 1907 to form a social club composed of students in the School of Commerce, Accounts, and Finance of New York University. Regular sessions of this nucleus were held at one of the ice cream parlors in Central Park. When Fall came, the time set for the formal launching of this club, one of the five men accepted the pledge of a Greek letter organization at New York University and dropped from the group. This incident changed the thinking of the remaining four and the existing plans for the club were abandoned in favor of a Greek letter fraternity. Thus Delta Sigma Pi was created on November 7, 1907 by Alexander Frank Makay, Alfred Moysello, Henry Albert Tienken and Harold Valentine Jacobs.
Further growth was thwarted until 1920 when H.G. Wright entered the national picture as Grand President. During his four years of office, 29 new chapters were installed and the fraternity took on a truly national appearance. The next step as the creation of a Central Office in 1924 with the same H.G. Wright, then serving as Grand Secretary-Treasurer, in charge of it on a part time basis. Publications and forms were standardized, jewelry designed, and other services of a national nature performed. The Central Office of Delta Sigma Pi moved into a suite of rooms at 222 West Adams St. in Chicago, Illinois, at which location it remained for 30 years. In 1955, the plans for a colonial building adjacent to the Miami University Campus in Oxford, Ohio, had been completed and construction began. One year later, The Central Office of Delta Sigma Pi was moved from its original Chicago home to this new structure at 330 South Campus Avenue in Oxford, Ohio, where it is today." (Manual for pledge education)